Anyone who describes their blog as “A place to procrastinate when you should be folding washing,” is alright by me. Especially when they nominate me for an award. The lovely Laptop on the Ironing Board (formerly and cutely known as James James Morrison Morrison) nominated me for a Beautiful Blogger award. Isn’t that a pip?!
As a mother of four, sometimes Dragon Lady, crochet queen and funny family life commentator I can relate to everything Laptop says (apart from the crochet bit. I’m not crafty. Or the four kids. I’m not crazy – joke! Basically I know what it feels like to spew hot flames from your mouth (and sometimes nostrils) after a difficult day with the family).
Now, I must get the rules right:
1. Copy the Beautiful Blogger Award logo and place it in your post. (Tick!)
2. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
(Thank you Laptop, your recommendation is genuinely appreciated).
3. Share seven interesting facts about yourself.
4. Nominate seven other bloggers for their own Beautiful Blogger Award, and comment on their blogs to let them know. (I might find this tricky as I am so new to blogging and haven’t had much time to *mingle*, so bear with me).
I can do ME though! Here goes:
1. I have a degree in English Literature and regularly sniff books in bookshops. And Sainsbury’s and petrol stations.
2. I am fascinated by space. As in Outer, not Personal (No Longer Exists).
3. I’m scared of When Doves Cry by Prince. I don’t know why.
4. I really, really wish they made Twiglets like they used to, long and slightly sticky in red boxes not dissimilar to today’s Malteser boxes.
5. I have quite a high pain threshold (birth, broken bones) but I make a right old fuss if someone accidentally steps on my toes or suddenly knocks me in the face with their elbow.
6. I cried when I first saw the Grand Canyon.
7. I was probably a flamingo in a previous life due to a strange standing stance I take when I’m feeling very relaxed.
And here are my four nominations. OK it’s supposed to be seven, but I need more time to make friends. I’ll add the others soon, when I’ve been at the party longer and put myself about a bit, so to speak. I promise.
Amelie’s bookshelf – I don’t get much time to browse in real bookshops these days, so this is the next best thing. A lovely blog with a real passion for children’s books.
I made a human, now what? – I’m new to blogging and this blog was the first to make me realise that gosh, there’s loads of people just like me all over the bleedin’ world!
What Mummy Did – a blog started by a former work colleague and her friend, this is the one that gave me the push to start my own. A beautifully whimsical and honest blog which looks pretty and makes me smile.
Cristian Mihai – someone passionate about writing – a writer in fact – was one of, if not THE, first person to like one of my posts. All the way from Romania. Then I started following his blog and I love it. It’s the kick I need every day to keep writing.